Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blog Post 11

I was so inspired by Ms. Cassidy's Class. She has had her web page for 10 years, her blog for 5 years, and her video for 2 years.
She has 1st graders doing blogs, doing work on her class web page, Nintendo DS, and all types of technology. I wish I could have been in her classroom when I was in 1st grade. The students say each time they write on their blog it improves their writing skills.
She made a comment on Skype that we all have to change because the world is changing! This is so true. Technology changes daily and it's hard to keep up with it. Teachers need to try to keep up with technology and have it a part of their curriculum. They can go to workshops to help them to do this. Ms. Cassidy even said YES, teachers need to be technologically literate. Computers are part of the future so why not make your students technologically literate so they can have a future!!

4 comments:

  1. I was also very inspired by her class! Wouldn't it have been wonderful to be that active in your first grade class? I hardly remember doing really fun things to learn when I was in the first grade.

    I like your comment: "Computers are part of the future so why not make your students technologically literate so they can have a future!!" As educators, the last thing we should do is hold our students back. Just think of what we could be learning from them while they're in our class and after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I also was inspired by her teaching skills. I completely agree with you. Teachers do need to be technology literate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Cassidy is an awesome teacher. I wish I had been in her class as well. Her students are getting a great start and a jump on a lot of other students.

    I like your comments about change. This is so true. I think the best way to prepare for change is to adopt an attitude that change is good and without change there is no growth. Seeing learning as a life long process is a good start.

    Excellent comments Christi. SS

    ReplyDelete