Friday, July 2, 2010

C4K3

A BIG, SALTY, DOUGHY, MESS
two girls with dough on their hands Christi Turner

Mr. McClung,
I think your students did an excellent job! This project looked messy but fun! The students looked like they were learning but having a blast also. The students not only had to trace Arkansas but they had to include the Ozark Mountains, River Valley, Crowley’s Ridge, Ouachita Mountains, Mississippi Delta and the coastal plain. I would love to see the finished project when it is painted! I will go look for it because this would be something I would like to do with my students in my classroom. I would not do the six geographic regions of Arkansas because I hope to teach 1st or 2nd grade but I could think of some other lesson plan we could use the dough for. I looked at the post before this one to get the recipe ( 170 mL flour, 100 mL water and 170 mL salt) so I can have it on hand. I think this was fantastic lesson plan. Keep up the good work!!


 an image of the state of Arkansas made out of dough

No comments:

Post a Comment