Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blog Post 9

An Open-Letter to Educators
Dan Brown sure knows how to express his feelings and keep you interested at the same time! I agree that things need to change. When I attended a junior college I was not just a number like you are at a University. It is different in our EDM 310 class though, they know you by your name. This is out of the norm at USA or should I say any of the classes I have taken there. I think if you spend the amount of money for your education, your teacher should at least know your name!
I agree that things and technology are changing and we have to change with the times. Technology is rapidly changing. I have learn so many things and continue to learn things everyday in EDM 310. Even though Dr. Strange said attendance in this class is not required, I want to be here. I would never learn by myself. He and the "other gang" are always there to answer questions and to help you.
Dan Brown is right about if we don't make the change it will be made for them.

ALEX- Alabama Learning Exchange
This is a great website. I never knew about this website. It has Course of Study, Web Links, Lesson Plans, Personal Workspace, Professional Learning, Podcast Treasury, Alexville and a search engine. You have to create an account so you can have access to this website. The lesson plans are great! It provides everything that you will need. It tells how long the lesson will last, what materials you will need, and also gives you links to help with the lesson plan. You can choose a lesson plan already there or you can create a lesson plan and share with the website for other teachers. I love this website and will be using this when I become a teacher!!!

ACCESS-Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators and Students Statewide
This is a distance learning environment that provides classroom courses and teacher via the web. It has 3 semesters: Fall, Spring and Summer. ACCESS is available to all high school students living in Alabama. It is a web-based interactive classes taught by certified Alabama teachers. It provides diploma courses, additional courses offering advanced placement and dual enrollment.
I think this could be good for some students but others need that interaction with a teacher so they would not benefit from this.

1 comment:

  1. "I want to be here." Thank you for that wonderful compliment!

    My "canned" comments for this assignment:

    I decided that we all need a slight bit of a "holiday" for the 4th. So you got to skip C4C Number 9; my associates got to skip comments on your post due 7/5 (Bayda, ALEX AND ACCESS); and I am doing this "group" comment for everyone who posted on time or by the "corrected” date (tonight at midnight) which means that if you get this message you were recorded as having submitted your post on time. I thought that your posts on Morgan Bayda's blog were good. Some were especially interesting and generated a personal email from me.

    We are moving into the final two weeks of the term. Only one more full week exists before the week in which your final project is due. It should be a significant project that demonstrates many of the tools you have learned to use and skills you have acquired in EDM310. It must be collaborative. If you have any questions about this project we should discuss them in lab tomorrow (Thursday July 8, 2010). There are only 12 days left in which to complete your final projects!

    ReplyDelete