Sunday, June 13, 2010

Assignment 3

#1 Scott McLeod is an Associate Professor of Educational Administration at Iowa State University at the Director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education (CASTLE). He is also the co-creator of the Did You Know (Shift Happens) videos.
I agree and disagree with his article. I think the internet is a great teaching tool and its wonderful for students to explore. You do need to watch children these days what they are looking at on the internet. Cell phones also have made children where they can barely spell because of the predicting spelling. Teachers are also letting them use calculators and they can not even do math these days. I want my students and when I do have children of my own to use the internet as much as possible to learn and explore to broaden their minds and think for themselves.

#2 The iSchool Initiative would be a great tool for students, teachers, parents, and administrators. This device would be great for the environment. Books, paper, and pencils would be obsolete which would help us go green.
There would be no paper trail and the student would save around $600 per year. The cost of the iSchool would be $150 for each student.
The iSchool would help parents monitor their child's progress from any phone or computer. The device will be locked for the school and personalized for the student. Internet websites will be dedicated to education only. I think this would be a great idea for educators as well as parents.

#3 I like how she did this video with the reversal of how society is and thinks. I was shocked at first because I really thought she was going to think and be like that.
I agree with the reversal part because it is really what you put into life, what you really get out of it. There is always hope and don't let anyone tell you differently!

#4 This video is AMAZING! The 185 people singing are all in sync with each other and have never even met. The music was beautiful on top of that!!
This just shows how modern technology is being used in the world today. Technology is being used in every aspect of every professions.

1 comment:

  1. Christi,

    I am proud that you went beyond just summarizing the video by putting your own opinions into your report. I also appreciated the fact that you obviously did a little extra research on each of the producers. I am curious to know... Did you come across anything that stood out to you when you looked up their background? I mean stuff that isn't directly related, but helpful or interesting nonetheless. If you did-- those are the kind of details that I look forward to reading about-- so don't be afraid to share them!
    About the Choir, you are right. They are amazing! TO find out more information about them, follow this link to Eric Whitacre's Blog.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete