Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blog Post 7


This video was amazing!! I enjoyed every minute of it and even watched more videos on him that were on Youtube until his death. He is a truly positive person.
His Building Virtual Worlds reminded me of EDM310. He said "there is no book learning". He just had projects that the 50 students had to complete. He said "they should have already learned the book stuff". We don't have a book in EDM310 because we should have already learned the book stuff and what we are learning now, would be difficult to teach out of a book in my opinion.
"Brick walls are there for a reason-they let us prove how badly we want things" was one of his sayings and he repeated this often. His one brick wall was of flesh and that was his wife. All his sayings are so good but so true. I can identify with this because I want a family so bad one day and I will get that family!
He said "Never lose childlike wonder, because it drives you to what you really want" "Never give up". I have had a really horrible time since December. I had a cyst removed from my foot and was suppose to walk 4 days later. I did not walk for 3 1/2 months. I developed RSD which is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I could not even let a sheet touch my foot. I had to keep my foot elevated at all times or it would turn black. It was so painful. I had to have nerve block every Friday either in my lumbar spine or in my ankle and sometimes both. I had to have another surgery in March of this year hoping this would help me walk again. They cut my abdomen open to get to my sympathetic nerve which is in your spine. I walked the next day! The surgery went well but it has had complications as well. Now it has messed my back up. I can't sit for very long. I'm always in pain. This pain is worse than the RSD pain ever was. I can relate to people when they say they want to give up but the only thing that makes me want to keep going is my faith and God.
I loved the last of the video when he said "lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself and dreams will come to you."

2 comments:

  1. "...because we should have already learned the book stuff ..." Right!

    Never give up...and dreams will come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we've had more personal discussions than the comment I'm leaving now, in regards to our health problems and trying to cope with having to go to doctors all the time and still keep up with our schooling, work, life, etc. I love your spirit and enthusiasm. Even on days where you weren't feeling well you were eager to get started on our projects. In many ways you have the same spirit that Dr. Pausch portrays. I hope this carries you through your teaching career and that your students can see the light in you and carry a part of it with them.

    -Laura Ashley

    ReplyDelete