Thursday, June 24, 2010

C4K2

wax eye bird

Christi Turner says:
June 24, 2010 at 4:06 pm
Simone,
This is so interesting about Pixie! It is unbelievable that it actually perched on your finger. I’m very proud of you for doing your homework and researching to find out it was a wax eye bird.
Well, I did a little research myself on the wax eye bird. They are beautiful! I found out they like bread and sugar water. So you could ask your mum if you could get a bird feeder like a hummingbird feeder and put sugar water in it. That might help keep Pixie around.
I rescued a baby squirrel once that had fallen out of a tree during a storm. I was afraid a cat would eat it so I got gloves and picked it up. I put it in a box with blankets. I thought it was going to die because blood was coming out of its nose and mouth. I tried to give it milk with a dropper but it would not drink it. I’m glad it didn’t because I did research and it said that if you feed baby squirrels milk they will die. I watched it all night long. I called our Environmental Place the next morning. They got in contact with a girl that raises squirrels from the wild so she came and picked the baby up. I was just happy it lived but also found a home.
I really hope Pixie makes your yard it’s home so you can see it everyday. I really enjoyed reading your blog and GOOD JOB on doing your research.

simonemb2 says:
June 28, 2010 at 4:12 pm
Hello there! Yes, it was amazing! His/her feet really tickled! The claws were quite sharp, too! She was soo adorable! I so wish I took a photo! But I thought the noise of my DSi camera would scare her!

1 comment:

  1. Great pic! Looks like Simone realizes what a great tool the internet can be and she knows how to use it. SS

    ReplyDelete