Friday, June 18, 2010

Assignment Blog Post 4

Langwitches Blog
I really enjoyed reading this blog. I actually joined twitter and now I'm a follower of hers. I learned that even 1st graders can do podcasts. They were actually interested and it brought the shy students out of their shell.
I loved their theme "Magic of Learning". It teaches them listening, speaking, presenting, comprehension, storytelling, performance, voice, acting, oral acting, media, and technology. This is very exciting!!!
I was very interested in this because I want to teach 1st grade.

Curriki
This site was not that interesting to me. It had too much stuff to confuse and distract you. It shows you how to make a podcast and how they can be used. These are good assets for your classroom.
I just think the page is kind of boring so it would make a student disinterested and move on to another site that is more attractive.

Eagle's Nest Radio & Class Blog
This was fantastic! I loved how these elementary students were so into their storytelling. I wish I could have done this when I was their age. I love that era anyway so anything to do with ancient times, I'm all into it.
The students kept your attention and they seemed to enjoy every minute of it while actually learning also!

Practical Principals
This bored me to death! This was like I was listening to talk radio. It was neat that Principals were podcasting but it annoyed me. They were not really giving any pertinent information for educators to use.
The page was appealing and if you listened for long enough you will finally get some information about technology and about their districts. I really would not want to go on this page again though.

I learned a lot from these sites and did not even know what a podcast was until I started going into these sites or until EDM310. I think more teachers should use technology in their classrooms. I'm sure there are tons of sites to visit and learn from which I plan to research. I just know the sites that look appealing at first will keep my attention than the ones that look boring.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Christi,
    I agree with you on many things like I did not know anything about a podcast until now. I also did not think things like this or website like this existed, until being in this class and having to explore these sites. I think should be some use of technology in classroom, but it should not be the only source of material used in the classroom, Just like the textbook should not be the only material used in the classroom for learning. I think it is very helpful to know that as a teacher you have many other resources to rely on to help you through your journey of being an educator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi,

    You comment ... I really enjoyed reading this blog. I actually joined twitter and now I'm a follower of hers. I learned that even 1st graders can do podcasts. They were actually interested and it brought the shy students out of their shell ... addresses a few of things that we want to get across in this class and in education. You joined Twitter! That is a great first step when using a new technology. You found something you were interested in and that got you to use a new technology. You learned that everyone can learn about new technologies such as podcasts! That makes it more comfortable for you and for your future students because some of the fear of new things has been lessened. Finally, you found out that new technologies can benefit all types of students. If you have a student who doesn't like to talk in front of others then a podcast can help them get the speaking skills they need. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi,

    You and I both agree that the talk radio of the Practical Principals was not very appealing and that a site has to look and feel good to be useful. You cannot draw someone into a messy complicated looking site.

    ReplyDelete